09-19-2009 - 4 out of 5

It was a great GeoCaching day for the Father of Five!!

Not only did I nab another "Alphabet Challenge" cache (the letter U) - but I made my 100th find!!

I was sitting at 96 finds, and I wanted to hit 100 this afternoon, Having a few hours between activities, I checked for a few caches close to home, and loaded up 5 caches that I felt I could obtain without too much difficulty. (Loading only five, and finding 100% of them would put me at 101 finds. Yet, knowing that in all likelihood I would miss at least one...This was a gamble. I could miss one. No more. The pressure was on!)

I asked my boys if they wanted to join me, and for the first time since I started caching, NEITHER of them wanted to... (this MAY have been due to the boys being given permission for some XBox time this afternoon...)

#1 on a 4 out of 5 day - on my quest for my one-hundredth find!!
Dropped the Travel Ingot Geocoin. TFTC!

#2 on a 4 out of 5 day - on a quest for my one-hundredth find!!
Lots of possibilities - and now having read the clue - I may have walked right on by... Next time!! TFTC!

Up the Creek (Find #98) (Added letter "U" to my Alphabet Challenge!)
#3 on a 4 out of 5 day - on my quest for my one-hundredth find!! Clever!! TFTC!

Burned Black (Find #99)
#4 on a 4 out of 5 day - on my quest for my one-hundredth find!!
Nice find... And let me tell you, that is QUITE THE DROP! TFTC!

A fish called Baily (Find #100!!!!)
** MY 100th FIND **
#5 on a 4 out of 5 day - on my quest for my one-hundredth find!! TFTC!

- - - - -

Ironically, the public space where A Fish Called Baily just so happens to be located at the same place we accessed Cedar Lake for last winter's Boy Scout Ice Fishing Derby!

As you can see, it was a good thing I loaded up that one extra (A Fish called Baily) - If I had not, I would have not reached the 100th find milestone today, and SOMEONE, may have passed me up!
Someone you say?? Who might that "SOMEONE" be?
Well, after receiving AtHomeDaddy's "smack talk" email - challenging me to see who was first to 100 - I just could not risk missing the 100 mark today!!

Now that I have reached it, I can sit back a bit and see just how long it will take OldManDaddy, oops, I mean AtHomeDaddy to reach his 100th find...

How long is it going to be???

1 comment:

Chris said...

Congratulations on your 100th find! Feels great, doesn't it?