10-21-09 - 2 out of 3

Today, we had a road trip to Mankato planned.  I had some GeoCaching planned.  Mother-Nature had some significant rain planned.  Mother-Nature's plans put a bit of a damper on my secondary "GeoCaching" plans, but I WAS able to make one quick stop, and nab 2 out of 3.

Minnesota Valley Rest Area #3 - GCQ4KX
#1 on a 2 out of 3 day. Dropped TB. TFTC!!

The Minnesota River Valley - GC1PPWK
#2 on a 2 out of 3 day.   My first "EarthCache" - love it!!   I have grown up most of my childhood, and now all of my adult life in / on / or close to the banks of the Minnesota River! (email sent with answers) TFTC!!

I dropped the Roughousing Rick TB off at the Minnesota Valley Rest Area #3 - GCQ4KX

Trail of the Zodiac: Virgo - GCWK3D
#3 on a 2 out of 3 day - this was the DNF...

But, I **WAS** in a hurry, and the ground was muddy and slippery, and my shoes were not "cachin' shoes" (just came from a meeting with my insurance guy), and then, there was that hill... Oh, my there was that hill..

In these shoes, with this mud, in this rain, down (and back up) that hill, and on my timeline... Nope.. Just ain't gonna try it.. I'll have to come back better prepared next time (now that I know what to expect)...

No comments: