First Step

Well, I took my first step into the world of GeoCaching yesterday - with my purchase of the Garmin Venture HC ("H" for high sensitivity and "C" for Color) Global Position System.

I have been looking at my options for a couple of weeks now, and felt that this unit was the best compromise between cost and functionality. It has received RAVE user reviews, and I was able to find one at just slightly more that half what many retailers are charging for them.

Here are some specs...

Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 4.2" x 2.2" x 1.2" (10.7 x 5.6 x 3.0 cm)
Display size, WxH: 1.3" x 1.7" (3.3 x 4.3 cm)
Display resolution, WxH: 176 x 220 pixels
Display type: 256 level color TFT
Weight: 5.5 oz (156 g) with batteries
Battery: 2 AA batteries (not included)
Battery life: 14 hours
Waterproof: yes (IPX7)
Floats: no
High-sensitivity receiver: yes
PC interface: USB
RoHS version available: yes

I am looking forward to it's arrival, and some "play time"!

No comments: