ScoutMasters Revenge - GC18M6W

GC18M6W - ScoutMasters Revenge

The GPS came today... (I'll post a photo later...)

After work, I had to take #2 of 5, and #3 of 5 to Boy Scouts... I was all to eager to do so!

While at the park, I played with my GPS a bit to try and familiarize myself with it's functions.

After Boy Scouts - #2 of 5 wanted to go home with mom on his bike (that #1 of 5 rode to the park)... So, #1 and #3 of 5 and I decided we would try our very first GeoCache!

(It was only .67 miles from the park....)

The GPS took us behind a building and to a trail that I had never even known was there... Quite a cool area... We followed the GPS until we got to the area near the cache, and started looking... We looked and looked - and was not finding anything - I was close to giving up with a DNF (Did Not Find) when I decided to approach it from a completely different angle... and Viola! There it was!

OUR FIRST CACHE!

We TNLNSL (Took Nothing, Left Nothing, Signed Log) and headed back.... in total - about 30 minutes.. But a long hike up a big hill...

Just goes to show that GeoCaching CAN be good for a little exercise (exercise that I would not have gotten otherwise...)

It wont be as "genuine" as the real thing, but maybe we will head back and get a photo or two from the area - for posterity's sake....

On a side note... This was a pretty cool find because the Scoutmaster that was seeking revenge.... It was #2 and #3 of 5's actual Scoutmaster!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to convince hubby that we need to do this with the kiddos . . . they're 8 and 5 and we live in an area with TONS of caches on some amazing trails.

I'm going to have to send him here so he can read about how much fun it is :-)