Preparing

My GPS is scheduled to arrive sometime between
September 2nd and 8th.

Yeah, that seems like a long time to wait, but remember folks - I got this thing for between 50 and 80 dollars less than most retailers are selling it for. Given the pretty fair deal I got on the price, an extra few days waiting is a pretty good trade off. I am not complaining.

In the time, the wait time will allow me to get a "go-bag" prepared...

What is in a GeoCacher's "go-bag"?

It would seem the answer is as diverse as the number of cacher's out there... But I did find a pretty good "resource" to get me started.

First I visited the Groundspeak Forums... As I was poking around the forums, I located a post about a pretty extensive list for a GeoCacher's "go-bag"...

Caching Backpack: What to Include.
(please forgive me if that link does not work. I do not know if non-registered users can read the forum.)

Being new to this, I am going to hold off with such an extensive pack, and am thinking about an over sized fanny-pack style...

I have most of the things I think I will need, so it's just a matter of getting a "just the right sized" bag, and putting it all together.

Man, I am really looking forward to getting out there!

No comments: