Introduction

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been reading up, and learning all I can about Geocachng.

With the boys getting older - I see some potential for both locating, and hiding geocaches in and around our neck of the world.

There is an added benefit of some (needed) exercise for my health, and a little more "out-of-doors" time that I am lacking right now.

This is still an "in-theory" hobby that I am wanting to find out more about... So this will be a work in progress..

I debated between creating this new "Caching with Dad" blog, our just using the "Dad's Outdoor Journal" blog.

I checked, and "Caching With Dad" was still available, so I grabbed it... We shall see how this works out.

I have been talking this interest over with a couple of good friends, (My good buddy Ed who has been a GPS dude for over a year now, a co-worker (Mark) who has been involved in GPS since I have known him (14 years), and a fellow blogger Bill, the "King of Clubs").

Ironically the day I asked Bill if he had a GPS, and if he had ever GeoCached... He sent me a message from his squad to "hold on".... He stopped up in the dispatch center carrying a box with him. He had just (a couple of days before) broken out a GPS unit that he received as a gift a while back, and had not used yet....

He too seems like he could be interested...

Perhaps we could inspire each other just a bit, and try our hands at a couple of caches ourselves!

Look at that! Right off the bat - I have 3 caching freinds!

For now, I'll say... Wish me luck..

No comments: